Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Torn Like A No-Good Love Letter

I find at the present moment that my life is full of nothing concrete but plans, plans, plans. Many creative projects swirl at my feet. Opportunities and avenues and ways to jump.

I love each and every one and don't know which to choose or where to put my energy.

As selfish as it sounds, I feel to some extent I must block my ears, hunch my shoulders down and choose the thing that will earn the callous, cold hard cash; I will not get to Greece, my loved and faraway dreamland, on the steam of half-hearted chances and the vapor of something-to-come.

I'm keeping all irons in the fire and stoking em' good. Number one lesson I have learned in this job-hunting, life-building game:

Only settle when you're getting paid and everything is stable. Don't count your chickens until such time as they hatch, grow up, leave home and have beards.

Too many times in the past I have missed lucrative or career-building opportunities by misjudging when to risk and when to play it safe. This time, I'll play it safe by not closing any doors or saying no too early.

And I will keep the whitewashed walls of Greece foremost in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment